Darden Alumni Career Services
Career Counselors Connie English (MBA '91), Marty Speight (MBA '96) and Lindsay Guthrie (MBA ’04) offer free career counseling to Darden MBA and Ph.D. alumni. Services include defining your career objective, creating resumes and cover letters, negotiating offers and more. Learn more about our career counselors and contact us to schedule an appointment.
Mary Lindley Burton, President of Burton Strategies and co-author of In Transition, works with business professionals using her three-part process of self-assessment, market assessment and targeted search to assist in job, career or whole life changes. She has provided career strategy consulting services to MBA graduates in transition for more than 20 years. Burton Strategies may be contacted at +1-212-369-0290, or you may e-mail her at firstname.lastname@example.org. Fees apply.
- In Transition by Mary Burton and Richard Wedemeyer. Based on a seminar conducted for the HBS Club of New York for 18 years. The book is also available by credit card from Burton Strategies at +1-212-369-0290.
- The Ultimate Guide To Getting The Career You Want And What To Do Once You Have It by Karen Dowd and Sherrie Gong Taguchi. (2003) Self-assessment, case studies and much more.
- What Color Is Your Parachute? 2011: A Practical Manual for Job-Hunters and Career-Changers by Richard N. Bolles. Time-tested advice for figuring out what you want to do and where you want to do it.
- What Should I Do With My Life? The True Story of People Who Answered the Ultimate Question by Po Bronson. (2005) Fifty profiles of people searching for their true calling.
- The 5 Patterns of Extraordinary Careers by James M. Citrin & Richard A. Smith. (2003). The guide for achieving success and satisfaction.
- Working Identity: Unconventional Strategies for Reinventing Your Career by Herminia Ibarra. (2004) Explores the "possible selves" model of career transformation.
Recommended for those in Later Career Stages:
- Rewired, Rehired, or Retired? A Global Guide for the Experienced Worker by Robert Critchley. (2002) Career change advice for the mature professional.
- Second Acts: Creating the Life You Really Want, Building the Career You Truly Desire by Stephen Pollan. (2004) Strategies for overcoming obstacles to career change.
- Second-Act Careers by Nancy Collamer, MS. (2013) More than 50 ways to profit from your passions during semi-retirement.